Western Connecticut HOG
Western Connecticut HOG is a Not For Profit Organization registered with the State of Connecticut and sponsored by Yankee Harley-Davidson of Bristol, CT.
The chapter was established on 2 September, 1986 and was incorporated on 15 August, 1987.
At the time of this profile’s publication the chapter consisted of 184 members.
The chapter is family oriented providing and participating in various events which may or may not require the use of your Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
The chapter meets monthly on the 3rd Sunday. This date can be changed if events warrant. Meetings are @ 9:00 a.m. at The American Legion Hall, 66 Main St. Southington, Ct.
The chapter is involved with fund raising for charitable organization and causes. Some of our most memorable donations are listed below:
- 1. $1000.00 to the New Milford Hospital Emergency Department Renovation Program.
- 2. Annual, fall & winter contributions to area soup kitchens.
- 3. Bone marrow transplant fund for a young New Milford girl.
- 4. Orthopedic wheelchair for a little boy in Kent.
- 5. The Touch of Love foundation for children with AIDS.
- 6. The Susan B. Anthony fund for battered women.
- 7. Involvement with the Miracle Ride© that supports the Connecticut Children's Medical Center.